My New Workout & New Shoes

Truth: I get bored with working out when I do the same thing over and over. I like to mix things up, whether it be doing Pilates on the mat (I taught mat classes for 5 years and have been doing Pilates for 13 years - LOVE IT!), taking a Yoga class, sweating it out at the gym or working out to an at-home DVD like Barre 3. I can now add another type of exercise to my repertoire that I've been doing for about a month now that I'm really enjoying. It's called 'Ballet Beautiful' and I bought two of their DVD's before Christmas: The Classic 60 Minute Workout and the Body Blast Series (you can check them out here.) Created by former New York City Ballet dancer Mary Helen Bowers who trained Natalie Portman for the movie "Black Swan," Ballet Beautiful provides exercises to sculpt and tone sleek "ballet muscles." I was a dancer for 15 years and I loved the body it gave me but unfortunately I had to cut down on the amount of dancing I did when I was 16 because of the severe tendonitis in my knees that I developed at age 11. My 2013 fitness goal is to get that body back with continuing Pilates and cardio and adding the 'Ballet Beautiful' DVD's to my workout plan. So far, so good!

You DO NOT need pointe shoes to do the DVD's, you can exercise in your bare feet but getting back into ballet exercises inspired me to purchase pointe shoes. Why? It's a long story but here goes: When I was in my last year of high school I was in the school play and one of the other actress's required pointe shoes for her character so I lent her mine. They were my only pair and she never gave them back!! And I've been upset about that ever since! I've seen her many times since high school in public - once on the street, once while I was getting a pedicure and funny enough, two days after I purchased my new pair I saw her at a restaurant, she was sitting right behind D.! What are the chances? But she always pretends she doesn't know who I am and I've always wanted to go up to her and ask her if she still has my pointe shoes but I never had the courage. (But if she's reading this now, can you please kindly give them back?? YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!) So, after 15 years after the disappearance of the most beautiful pair of shoes I have ever owned, I bought a new pair! Aren't they pretty?? Now I just have to break them in and learn how to walk on my toes again ; ).

What do you do to exercise and get your sweat on? Let me know in the comment section below!




You have read this article Ballet Beautiful / Random Babblings with the title My New Workout & New Shoes. You can bookmark this page URL http://celebrityunitedking.blogspot.com/2013/01/my-new-workout-new-shoes.html. Thanks!